Friday, March 10, 2006

The Long Thursday

I like Thursdays. For me it is really the last day of the week. You are always finishing up something so that it can be presented on Friday. At least in my mind. Especially tests, both giving them to students and taking them. Nothing like a Friday morning test, and a Saturday of grading or a Saturday thanking God the test is over. Don't know why.

So I was too busy to put anything together today -- Thursday. I turned the computer on so late. I am shocked by the number of people that ask me what is going on when I write about it everyday.

Well, almost everyday.

Then again, they do not call me littlemilk now do they?

I saw a film called Second Chance. It is about two churches in Nashville . . . or a fictitious city rather. I see my childhood barbershop in the film. I recognize the projects. One of the main actors is well known in the community and I think I went to high school with him. I know that he married another student from my high school for sure.

It was playing in the movie theater. Believe that!

I came home. We watched The Day After. All 3 hours of the 1983 nuclear mega ton drama. It was eerily reminiscent of Katrina my mother was saying. The comparison was not lost on me, especially the hospital scenes and issues concerning the number of dead bodies accumulating through out the city.

I will see my grandmother next weekend. My father's entire side of the family is showing up in Memphis for her birthday. I have not seen them for a while.

Years.

It will be a post Katrina Thanksgiving.

Things could have been worse for us.

Ciao.

Littlemilk

PS,
Was the Cold War a dream? I watched The Day After in my current context and circumstance. It is a much different fram of reference than the world 23 years ago.

We were that scared.

What are were now?

No comments: