Wednesday, February 21, 2007

For St. Valentine's Day, Schmutzig Donnerstag, Rosenmontag, Mardi Gras/Fasching, and Ash Wednesday

I wanted to say so many things, but the past week has been crazy with all the holidays that most people celebrate with less flare and attention (I had my obligatory helpings of red beans and rice with andouille sausage on Sunday and Monday afternoon) . . . St. Valentine's Day, Carnival Days, birthdays (mine included) and today, the beginning of the 40 day fast before the Resurrection Feast Days. I also noticed more sunlight. The sun rose before I made it to the the Lincoln Tunnel this morning.

So, for the lack of blogging, I leave a song that doesn't really sum " it" up, but the lyrics have been in my head for days now.

Renewed Infatuation.

Despite all the obstacles, it is funny that every spring I am surprised by the longer days as if I doubted the fact the days would lengthen. I am surprised by the feeling of love that is in the air also, as if the drudgery of nights that last half the day are always loveless.

Hit it Ella!

No comments: